Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2, 2014- Provo MTC West

Hey, everyone, how’s it going? I just want to say it’s great never getting any letters especially since the days here feel like weeks. So it’s been pretty good, it’s kinda weird here but in a good way. I flew up here with a bunch of elders and one sister, I’m not exactly sure but I know at least one of those elders is now in my district with me. So I showed up at the MTC and they just start shuffling you through things. They have another elder grab all your stuff and carry it for you all the way through the chapel and stuff. This is where you get like your name tags and books and stuff. We got a lot of books. The Spanish ones are really great. So we go to my apartment and another elder is still helping me with my stuff. We drop everything off at our dorms, which are sweet by the way. I’m at Wyveiw so our homes are dorms and our classrooms are also dorm buildings, which is kinda cool. So I was like late to my first class time and I had to go onto the computer and do the orientation by myself which was boring. Then when I finished the class was already started so I just sat at a random desk. We go through the lesson and I find out that our teacher will not speak English to us. He says he only knows a little English so he only speaks it to us a little. So the lesson finishes and I realize that there’s an odd number of elders. I then ask the other guys if they had already been assigned companions and they had so I was sorta lost. My companion didn’t show up till late that night because of travel delays, so I was stuck in a tri-panionship for the first while. We had some more meetings- gratefully in English. Then I finally got my companion, elder Doddema from Montana. He played rugby and football so we get along well. Gym time has been my favorite, the first day we went and lifted the second day our district played volleyball together. In our district there are eight elders and four sisters. Volleyball was fun because we finally got to see that there were people under the nametags. One other thing I learned is that while our district has many gifts, volleyball is definitely not one of them. They’re actually all pretty goofy for the most part, but we’re starting to really get along with one another, 

The food here is pretty great. There’s always two options and always cereal, salad, fruit  soups  drinks and chocolate milk. There’s so much garbage to eat here. I’m just trying to not eat all the cookies and cake they feed us. I really don’t want to get fat and I feel like the MTC would be a really easy place to do that. 

Our dorms are great we have two guys to a room which is bueno. I have the top bunk, my own desk and a walk in closet. We share the apartment with another companionship. In it we have a couch which is more comfortable then the beds, a table, a fridge, an iron and a bathroom. The living conditions are pretty great.  

I really miss home and all you guys. Letters and picture would be great. It’s hard thinking that I won’t see all you guys for the next 2 years. So keep in touch dearelder.com is bueno cause I only email on p-day which is Saturday. 

So here at Wyveiw all the elders and sisters are Spanish speaking. My whole district is going to the same mission as me except two elders going to Ecuador. My teachers are great- brother Cuadro and brother Arce. Spanish is hard but I really enjoy learning it. It’s probably my favorite thing that we do here. I’m already starting to pick up a Spanish accent I think, especially after sitting in class for like four hours. We had to teach a lesson like the third day here in Spanish. It was hard. I sort of just got stuck going in circles about things. 

 Our branch president is really great president Claybaugh and brothers Canyon and Williams and their wives.  They’re super great and funny. I like meeting with them a lot. They’re really helpful with dealing with everything that’s getting thrown at us.

Everything here is good- the weather, food, companions. We got bussed down to a chapel for a meeting and it like shares a parking lot with BYU’s football stadium. I’ll take a picture when I can. Sorry this letter is sorta all over the place I’m getting used to it and getting used to p-day and stuff. Ask me questions send me letters and stuff . Bye!

Love you guys!

Sawyer




No comments:

Post a Comment