Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014- in La Plata with Elder Delgado

"I don't know what this is"
So this week was pretty good. Honestly it’s all staring to blend together. I’m getting pretty good at cooking things, mostly eggs and pancakes. We got our hot water tank thing fixed this week so we don’t have to boil water for bucket showers anymore, which is really nice.
We have a lot of baptismal dates for October. I just hope that we can get them all through. We like to commit people early, or Elder Delgado does. It’s sorta up to him to run the lessons right now while I try to stay in the loop sorta. It’s difficult, but I’m getting there. The members here are really awesome. They feed us pretty good here, I think I’m gonna end up getting fat here. I’m starting to miss American kinds of cheese. The cheese here isn’t bad, it’s just not the same as home, especially on pizzas.
We’ve been doing splits with members a lot now which makes it even more difficult for me because I’m even more lost with them.
I found out I understand Spanish from people from Paraguay better than native Argentines. I think they just speak slower.
I also got bit by a dog this week. It stinks cause it barely scratched me so I won’t get any cool scars. However, it did rip my suit pants which just stinks, hopefully an hermana here will be able to fix them for me.
Well, that’s my life here- its getting better as I understand more.
Love you all!
Elder Sawyer

"I don't know what this is either"

No comments:

Post a Comment