Monday, September 29, 2014

September 30, 2014- in La Plata with Elder Delgado

"me and my district leaders"

So I had this great time saving idea.  I was going to write out my mass letter, so I could type it faster, but then I had a great idea again and I took a pic of it. I thought I was pretty smart.



So this week was a little rough at first. We started off really slow we had a lot of appointments fall through so we didn’t wend up teaching as many lessons as we would have liked too. We also had some other things going on. We had interviews with the mission prez. Those were nice, me and him talked mostly about my knee. I also found out some good and bad news. The good news is Elder Allen from my MTC district finally made it to Argentina. The sad news is that Hermana Binks from my MTC district had to home because of medical stuff. That was kinda sad to hear. But our week finally improved on Saturday. We were walking back after a teaching appointment when we decided to talk to this lady washing dishes in her front yard. We taught her and her daughter the Plan of Salvation. It was pretty good. They were both excited. The only problem was that they were from Paraguay and mostly only spoke Guarani. We even traded them a Book of Mormon for a Bible in Guarani. It was pretty cool. The mother came with us to church the next day, for our next lessons we’re gonna bring a Guarani speaking member to help.
The language is still coming slow. Elder Delgado still has to do most of the talking, but it’s improving. The weather is beautiful here. It rained again this week which is nice for everything except my shoes. Oh and the other rough part of this week is our water was shut off, so we had to walk to another missionary’s pension to shower, otherwise it’s all pretty good here. Love all you guys! J
Elder Sawyer

 
A few questions:
1. On average, how many lessons do you teach each week? 
20 lessons

2.  What is the size of your barrio?  Are there more than one companionship that serve in the barrio?
22 missionaries in a barrio, I don’t know the size

 3.  Have you spoken in church yet?
I bore my testimony the first time but we’ve been having conferences and stuff so there hasn’t been an opportunity to speak yet.

4.  Do you feel you get enough money allocated from the mission to meet your needs?
Yes, definitely, I can buy 30 eggs for the equivalent of 2 US dollars. Plus the members feed us really well and do our laundry. I just traded about 65 US dollars for about 1000 pesos

5.  Generally speaking, how big geographically is your area? 
I’m not sure exactly- we do a lot of walking. I’m still not too sure on how big it really is, we tend to spend a lot of time in one part because that’s where most of our investigators are.

6.  Can you send us your address (at least the name of the calle), and maybe a picture of where you live?
I’ll get more pics this week sorry

7.  Are you freezing? 
No. I haven’t been cold, but I wear sweaters a lot. I actually wear short sleeves a lot during the day cause when the suns is out it’s hot. At night we have a little heater thing in our room, apparently it’s supposed to get pretty hot. 

8. do you feel like your Spanish is getting better?
 no
 just kidding, slowly, people talk so fast here.

This is our pension. It’s a little dirty right now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment