Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 6, 2104- Provo MTC West



This was the garbage inside my knee. They got most of it. I asked if I could keep it, but they needed to test to see if it was infected. It was cool-they stuck a long needle in the side of my knee.
So this week was pretty crazy and I’m so ready to get outa here. I spent a lot of it at the doctors because of my big swollen knee. So I had to go to an orthopedist which stunk, but it was fun being out in the real world for a bit. If you can call Provo the real world- everyone one we talked to had either served a mission or knew a family member on a mission, but it was still fun. They rushed me through got and MRI and x-ray and they told me I had fluid buildup and a hole in my patella tendon. And that was it so I spent a few hours worrying that I wasn’t gonna be able to go and then I went back and they said I should be fine, they just want to drain my knee and make sure it wasn’t badly infected. . They ended up rushing me through all these tests and scans and then they decided to aspirate my knee. Basically they sucked as much of the garbage out as they could which is really nice. So they did that- it was cool- I was awake for the whole thing. They numbed it a little bit and they had a scanner thing going at the same time so I could watch the needle moving around in my knee. It felt weird but my knee is so much less swollen. It’s nice. They took it for testing so I should be all good for Monday. They didn’t tell me what to do about my tendon they just said I was good to go so I assumed that I was just waiting?? idk I don’t have time to go back and ask a doctor so no se???  I should have gotten it done a while ago. Plus, The nurse who was ultra-sounding my knee has a brother who went to my mission and she said he never got robbed, so I might get lucky.

 So I’m still all good to get outa here on Monday which I’m super pumped for, I can’t wait to get a companion that can help me learn Spanish. Also the fun things that happened this week were I ran into some guys I knew. First, Jake Germaine which is actually a funny story- I was at main campus between doctors appointments and I was outside saying a blessing on my sack lunch and I open my eyes and there’s Jake Germaine staring at me. We were super pumped to see each other. I also saw Jake Hoopes and Brett Payne which was nice. Thanks mom for the picture. Apparently you’ve been making friends with all my districts parents and sending them pics – they’re all grateful for that. Well I’m gonna end here and send some pics and things. I can’t wait to be outa here and in the field!
I don’t think I can get my bags under 50 with all my stuff. and I’m pretty sure I won’t run into Luis in the next 2 days. Also idk if I want to send the sd card that kinda scares me sending it in the mail, plus it’s the 8 MB one or whatever, so I’ve barely  used it. Plus then I can’t look back at all the memories...
Tell Kyle to run downfield.

Love, Elder THE KNEE Sawyer

Me and Elder Braithwaite


This is Hermano Cuadra our teacher. He’s like my hero at the MTC. I’m gonna miss him a ton-

me and my companion

THE district

the hermanas in our district

This is the youngest district in our zone- I love them.
Me and Jake Germaine


No comments:

Post a Comment