Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014- in La Plata with Elder Delgado

“Christmas came early in Argentina- we got bikes”
 
Well, this week was sorta weird, for one thing it’s starting to be really hot here, like sweaty and nasty all the time. It’s great- feels like home.
We did like 2 inter cambios this week, one with the zone leaders and one with the district leaders. So, I really didn’t spend a whole ton of time in El Carmen this week.

It was Mother’s Day in Argentina this week, so there was a lot of drinking and fireworks late at night. It gets a little crazy on holidays here.
Also, probably the highlight of the week is that we got bikes. We spend a while getting them fixed and finding a lock and other stuff. They work pretty good. They’re not super nice, if they were they would probably get stolen. It’s nice not having to sit and wait for collectivos (buses) anymore. Also it’s helping me know my area a little bit better. I don’t know about helmets, but it’s whatever. To scare the dogs away you just raise your hand and pretend you have a rock and they back off from the bike.

Sanghas are the diches on the side of the road when they fill up with stuff (like trash, water, eels, other stuff) they get really smelly and nasty. I had to jump in one that was mostly just mud to get a ball for a little kid the other day.
I ate some good food this week. Lots of Peruvian stuff while on inter cambios and yesterday we ate some asada, that was pretty good, except we also ate intestine. Intestine is weird, you take a bite and think it is going to be good and you start chewing and you realize it’s gross. Also me and Elder Delgado made some grilled cheese, we found some decent cheddar cheese.

My biggest problem right now is my rodilla (knee). It’s been bugging me a lot and I even sat out at the ward soccer activity which was really depressing. I think it’s not going to get better on its own.
All our lessons are going well. I think we should be able to get a few baptisms this transfer with the people me and Elder Delgado have been working with.

dang it - these QC guys  got to get it together I’m gonna lose sleep after a game like this.
Love you,
Elder Sawyer


“they see me rollin’”
“this is the bad part about the bikes”

No comments:

Post a Comment