Friday, November 28, 2014

November 28, 2014- in La Plata

we received a paper letter:

What’s up? It’s kinda weird not seeing all of you all the time, but it’s ok cause I write great letters, right? ;) writing letters is kinda hard, but I’m gonna do my best.
So Argentina is a great place, not as different from the states as you might think. It is however very different from QC in a lot of senses. My area for the most part is pretty rural. You walk to the edge and you just see fields and cows and horses. That part is pretty normal for me, but it’s when you take a bus for 20 minutes to another part of the mission and it’s just tall buildings – Nike and Adidas shops and Subway that I get a little overwhelmed. I’m starting to realize how young 18 is. Before I left I thought I was so old but now I feel like I’m a little kid again. Also since all the other elders here were like in college or the Marines before coming out. That part is kinda weird. I’m gonna end up still being in my teens for like 90% of my mission. Kinda crazy. Life here is different.
I’m understanding how much of this stuff relies on how diligent me and my comp are. This is another difficult thing I’m learning. How to get you and another person on the same page for everything. It’s really a difficult thing to do, but 2 Nefi 1:21 is a good thing.
On a spiritual side it’s great. I never knew reading and marking and finding scriptures would be so great. That’s one thing that I’ve found is really easy for me is getting up and studying. Also sleeping. Sleeping is easy cause I’m always so tired no.
The people are great. It’s one of my favorite things is to walk into a member home and see pics of Christ and temples. It’s just a happy thing to see all the small pockets all over the place. Also that hese small pockets of saints always want to give us food. There’s these things called “pepas”. I’m sorta addicted to . also the fresh sandwich of cheese and meat at a Fiambre is bomb.
Being here  on a amission puts a lot of things in perspective both spiritually y temporally. I’ve seen a lot of poverty, but also a lot of spiritual strength with that poverty. Also DirectTV. Everyone has DirectTV here. I don’t know how, but they do, it’s weird.
Well I want you guys to know I love you and I miss you (not too much)  would love to see the Dolphins play, that’s one thing that I would like to see.
Love you guys!

Elder Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment