Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014- in La Plata with Elder Delgado

“Central La Plata”


so he didn't write a letter this week, but did answer some questions:

1- How do you listen to music? Do you listen to it?
I bought a music player in the shape of a Messi jersey. I don’t listen to anything on it cause my flash drive doesn’t  work ):
2- What is one of the most important things you've learned from your companion?
Don’t be a robot. We’re together for another transfer, so he’s gonna teach me to juggle.
3- How are your shoes/boots holding up? Are they really waterproof?
yep I don’t know how much I’m gonna use the boots. We have bikes so they don’t get beat up too much
4- What kinds of jobs do most people have in La Plata?
 La Plata is big. In El Carmen lots of people work in construction. Light, gas, water
5- Do they women work too? mothers with small children too?
They sell stuff out of their house. a lady just opened a bakery. she’s pretty good. her husband is the president of the quorum so we stop by a lot and get free stuff from her
6- Do they have siesta every afternoon for a couple hours?  Does everyone nap during this time?
siesta time is all the time, it can sometimes be a problem to find people to talk too
7- Is your apartment comfortable? 
Yes, our light in our room just broke though
8- Do you get too hot or cold at night?
it’s been pretty good. I think it’s gonna get warm though
9- What is the traditional dessert in La Plata?  do you like it? do you have it often?
 Ice-cream,  it’s bomb, or bollitas, that’s what the people bake. It’s like a giant doughnut hole full of dulce de leche. I eat too many bollittas-  it’s hard cause everyone gives them to us  and we can’t say no!
10-tell me about grocery shopping? big store? street?
Supermarket. we get fruit from like a stand though
 11- how do you do your laundry?
 A member does it for us.
12- when are transfers?
4-hoy (translate: today), me and Delgado are together again- we’re really excited

 I’m fine by the way. I haven’t even gotten robbed yet. I feel young cause in my district there’s two kids who were in college before, one was running track in college and the other was a Marine.

“We stopped by the  Cathedral in La Plata”

“I confirmed her the next day”

No comments:

Post a Comment