Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015- in La Plata heading to Quilmes


“Hermano Ruiz.
He was gonna give it to be but I couldn’t accept it. Every Yankee that goes there just loves it. So he gave me a little globe that I just love cause it’s so wrong. the US and Russian are conncected and there’s no Australia.”


“this is the familia Correa. they’ve progressed so rapidly, I’m  gonna miss them.”


So I just got to my second area. I’m really kinda sad to leave el Carmen. Me and Vargas were really clicking and the work was moving really well there. I’m sad I’m not going to see a lot of the baptisms that they’re going to have. We have had a lot of really good progression and I’m gonna miss a lot of people there. I’ve got a lot of things I want to remember from el Carmen and a lot of people that I’m gonna miss.
My new area is Quilmes, it’s really close to the beer factory and it’s huge. We have 3 train stations in our area. It’s a completely different beast then el Carmen. It’s a lot more richer. (we have a Wal-Mart, that’s how rich it is)  People call it the celestial kingdom. It’s huge, did I say that, big cities and trains are new for me. Vargas was here for a while and from what I’ve heard, I’m going to eat really good walk a lot and get rejected a lot. We’re gonna see how it goes. It’s a really big change for me. I have never lived in a city like this. It’s gonna be kinda weird. Also our pension is huge. It’s a different place but I’m really excited to start getting to work here.
My new comp is from California. Spanish learning is easier with Latinos, but we'll see how this goes. He’s been in the mission just a little bit longer than I have. It’s  He’s cool, played football and everything. I’m just hoping we can get some chemistry teaching together really quick.
I got the package- thanks for all the stuff, I’m pretty pumped for it. Gatorade packets make my day thank you!
I’m still a little mixed up right now, it was a long time in trains and I’m kinda sick from all the ice cream and cookies the people of el Carmen gave me yesterday. Let me know if you have questions I have a little more time left.
Elder Sawyer
Questions:
Are most of the elders in your mission native of South America?
It’s like half and half with missionaries
Do the Argentines celebrate valentine’s day?
 I have no idea what day is valentine’s day?
 How far away are the furthest missionaries from the mission home?
La costa its way south like a day’s travel in a bus


“Hermana Cabrea's from Peru. she made this for you, mom. it’s to put over a blender. It’s kinda cool looking. They’re the family i spent New Years with.
the familia Cabrea”


“me and Vargas and our new, better bikes”


"Elder Vargas, me and Elder May"


No comments:

Post a Comment