Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015- in Quilmes with Elder Mortenson





So this week was a pretty good week. I’m not lying about that marriage thing and divorcement problems too. We have a lot of people that want to be baptized but are waiting on lawyers and stuff. It kind of stinks but they all have the desire so I think they’ll get there. We had some cool experiences finding people this week, one was a door knock. It was crazy, we told the wife that we would come back a week later and she said ok. When we got back the husband answered the door and we were just expecting the famous finger wave or the ‘we’re Catholics’ but he invited us in and listened to our message. He said he was really interested and had some key questions that we can answer with the book of mormon. We have a lot of other people and it’s going pretty good. Everyone seems pretty close to getting baptized they just need to make a few changes in their life. I don’t know, I’m pretty hopeful.


This ward is huge. It’s probably twice the size as el Carmen. It’s the most people I’ve seen in a chapel since the states. It’s kinda cool cause the members are super involved. I’m enjoying walking and taking trains. We should have a baptism this month for sure with a little girl we’re teaching and hopefully with one other investigator. Right now I’m really focusing in on getting better at my Spanish grammar. It helps cause my comp is really good at it. 

Food here- I cook more here than in el Carmen. My pancakes have gotten better. It’s a good thing I didn’t think to make them from scratch before the mission or else I would have been fat. 

What's the most popular girls name in Argentina? I’m not sure I call everyone hermana. Just kidding, but were teaching this 9 year old right now that is named Magaly- she’s pretty great.

I do eat a lot of fruits I like bananas. I eat mostly the same stuff I ate before the mission. Lots of chicken and rice though. I like when we eat with the Peruvians, tho, they make good spicy rice. I’ve

Yesterday was the Internacial dia de mujer so love you even more Mom.

We’re working super hard and it’s been really good.

Hope to hear from all of you. 

 Love elder Sawyer
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment