Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015- in Longchamps with Elder Durham

“This is Tàtina. She’s a recent convert and is the best member missionary in Argentina. She also has good hats.”

“Breakfast. The stuff that looks like bacon was super like ridiculously sweet. Also the pàn had ham and cheese in it.”

Hello everyone! We had a really good week here finding and teaching. The highlight was José Luis’ dad who is super excited for his baptismal date. The low light was my favorite investigator family let us know that they have to get married, but first have to get divorced. I think I have found everyone that wants to get married and baptised in Argentina, but can’t because they have to get divorced first. But we now have a lawyer to help us and her kids are all listening and really like it. It’s so much fun teaching them. I have used pretty much every picture or example that I know. They love learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  we teach it with a cup and a bottle cap. you have to fill the cup all the way to the brim and put the cap on top or else it will float to one of the sides. The cup is sin, we’re the cap and the water is the 5 parts of Leson 3. We also started teaching this really, really old man who is basically deaf. By the end of the lesson I had scooted my chair all the way across room and was yelling into his ear. 

 Another fun thing we did was helping build a house. We shoveled so much stuff. It was funny-the guy left us unattended laying the foundation of his house after like 20 minutes of instruction. He had to leave for a little bit to check some other construction things. I really enjoyed doing it- it’s nice to do some service to break up the rhythm a little bit. We then had a really powerful talk with the guy. 

The most interesting guy I met this week was Hermano G........ We had lunch with him the other day. He’s champion of Karate of all of South America. He showed us his karate master certificate. He doesn’t do a lot of competicions anymore. He has a house of food. He makes homemade pasta and pizza and stuff. We got to his house and he was cutting up pasta for us. Before he was a member of the church he was a drug dealer. Now he’s in the obispado (he quit his job to be in the bishopric). He’s a pretty scary guy- I’m glad he’s a member -we’re gonna take him with us when we go to the sketchy parts of the area. hahahaha

Love you guys till next week!  Hey Andrew and anyone else with a suggestion.  I want to improve my accent. I want Spanish to sound really fluid. I would love any suggestions. Rhymes, songs,  ways to study etc... Also does reading with a pen in your mouth really work?

Elder Sawyer

Questions:
1- did you have your tooth fixed?
 
 working on that still...

2- have you ever eaten guinea pig? I saw a pic of some elders who had hunted guinea pigs with members and then had eaten them.
 
2-yeah we were gonna go do that, but someone stole a cow from the field/woods where they hunted them and the owners of the field are now shooting people who go in there. So that actividad isn’t gonna happen.

3- are you over your sickness? just a cold/flu? 
 3- Yep, I had a fever and an upset stomach but I got better. lots of juice

4- do you have water and electricity?
 4- today, we do
J

“This was actually really fun. We went and helped lay the foundation for a part member family. I shoveled a lot of stuff. If anyone wants to build a house I know how to do it J. Making cement is really easy.”

“Yes, I know how to build a house now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment